Fairland Estates Civic Association
Crime Watch Chair- Scott Mitchell
Link to Montgomery County Police  Crime Statistics

Link to crime statistics

click link and type your address in the bar on the form
Frequently Asked Questions

Animal Control

  • Who does a resident call for an animal control complaint?
    • During business hours, 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., a resident may call animal control at 240-773-5960.  For after-hours emergencies, a resident may call the police non-emergency line at 301-279-8000.  More information.

Code Enforcement – Housing Complaints

Crime Statistics

  • Where can I get crime statistics for various locations?
    • CrimeReports.com or SpotCrime.com can provide assistance.  Also, a weekly crime summary is provided by the department to serve as an overview of incidents reported in the county.  Please note that the crime summary does not reflect every reported incident in the county.  View Crime Summaries here.

Criminal Records/Background Checks

 Police Reports/Accident Reports

  • How do I get a police report or an accident report?
    • See all information here.
  • How do I file a police report online?
    • For a crime in progress, call 9-1-1.
    • For a crime not in progress, the Crime Reporting System (CRS) is designed to make it easier and more convenient for you to file a police report without leaving home.  Not every crime can be reported using CRS.  You may report theft, vandalism, identity theft, and lost property here.

Anonymous Crime Tips

  • Crime Solvers is a program designed to enlist the aid of the community in helping the Montgomery County Police solve crimes.  When a person calls, texts, or submits a tip via the internet, this information is passed on to the law enforcement agency with primary jurisdiction.  If this information leads to an arrest and/or indictment, the caller is entitled to a reward of up to $10,000.
    • Call 240-773-TIPS (8477)
    • Text a tip to CRIMES (274637) – text MCPD plus crime tip
    • Submit a tip online.

 Landlord/Tenant Affairs

  • Who should I contact to have an officer standby as I get my belongings?
    • Contact the police non-emergency line at 301-279-8000 (if you do not have a court order).  If you have a court order, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 240-777-7016.
  • Who should I contact to learn what my rights are as a landlord?

 Mediation/Neighbor Disputes

  • Who should I contact for neighbor and/or family disputes?

 Noise Complaints

  • What is the Montgomery County ordinance regarding noise?
    • “Quiet hours” are considered to be 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. on weekdays and 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. on weekends and holidays.
    • For more information about the Noise Control Ordinance or to report situations that may constitute a violation, contact the Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection at 240-777-7700 on weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.  For noise disturbances outside of regular business hours, contact the police non-emergency line at 301-279-8000.
    • To report noise disturbances from animals, contact the Division of Animal Control and Humane Treatment at 240-773-5960on weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
    • More information about noise complaints.


Crime Prevention Services

  • Commercial Security Surveys
    • If your business has experienced a burglary or if you want tips on making your building more secure, contact the Montgomery County Police Department (MCPD) for a Commercial Security Survey.  MCPD can come to your business and conduct a security survey free of charge.  These confidential surveys will cover doors, locks, windows, and procedures to help make your business safe and secure.  This service is dependent on officer availability.

  • Home Security Surveys
    • If you have been a victim of a burglary or want assistance in making your home more secure, MCPD can provide a private Home Security Survey for you free of charge.  An officer will meet with you at your home and inspect the doors, window, locks, and your habits.  The officer will then provide you with a list of recommendations to help make your home more safe and secure.  This service is dependent on officer availability.

  • Watch Your Car
    • MCPD encourages residents to participate in the Watch Your Car program in order to reduce the possibility of vehicle theft.  The Watch Your Car program enables motorist who do not normally drive their vehicle(s) between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. to register their vehicles.  During those hours, if your vehicle is observed on the roadway, police may verify that the person driving the vehicle has your permission.  To participate in this program, please call 1-800-96-THEFT or visit theWatch Your Car website.


Other Information

 Alert Montgomery

  • Montgomery County can use the Roam Secure Alert Network to contact you during a major crisis, emergency, or severe weather event.  Residents who register on this system will receive only the most urgent alerts (e.g., water main breaks, tornado warnings) if they do not register for other optional groups.  Alert Montgomery can deliver important emergency alerts, notifications, and updates to you on all of your mobile devices.  Contact MC 311 from inside the County at 311 or from outside the County at 240-777-0311 for questions or concerns.  Sign up for alerts here.

 Maryland Auto Theft

  • The Maryland General Assembly created the Vehicle Theft Prevention Council in 1994 as a statewide planning and dedicated funding resource.  The Council embraces a statewide strategy directed at public awareness, vehicle theft by juveniles, law enforcement, and prosecution through a grant aware process.  More information.

 Conflict Resolution Center of Montgomery County

  • The main Mission is to promote and provide a collaborative problem solving process throughout Montgomery County.  The vision is to foster peace by enabling people to experience conflict as an opportunity to learn and grow and by empowering them to effectively manage their own conflicts.  More information.

 Helping Hurting Families

  • The Mission of the Family Justice Center (FJC) is to promote safety, well-being, and healing for victims of family violence.  More information.

 If You See Something, Say Something

  • The nationwide “If You See Something, Say Something” public awareness campaign is a simple and effective program to raise public awareness of indicators of terrorism and terrorism-related crime and to emphasize the importance of reporting suspicious activity to the proper local law enforcement agencies.  The campaign was originally used by New York’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) which has licensed the use of the slogan to DHS for anti-terrorism and anti-terrorism-related efforts.  More information.

 Make the Right Call

  • Information in this brochure will help Montgomery County residents Make the Right Call by using 9-1-1 only for emergencies, using 301-279-8000 only for non-emergencies, and using 3-1-1 for general Montgomery County government information.  Having a better understanding of when to call each of these phone numbers will help ensure that your specific need is most effectively met.

 Neighborhood Watch

  • Our nation is built on the strength of our citizens.  Every day, we encounter situations which call upon us to be the eyes and ears of law enforcement.  Not only does a neighborhood watch allow residents to help in the fight against crime, it is also an opportunity for communities to bond through service.  The Neighborhood Watch program draws upon the compassion of average residents and asks them to lend their neighbors a hand.  USAonWatch is the portal for training residents to assist law enforcement agencies and their communities.

Contact Us

Please use the form below, if you are interested in helping with the neighborhood Crime Watch Committee.